What Causes Man Boobs ?
The medical term for “man boobs” is Gynecomastia, Gyneco meaning woman and mastia meaning breast. This is an embarassing situation which effects approximately 1/3 of all men.
There are many factors behind large male breasts, the obvious mental picture is of an overweight man with big breasts who has a poor diet. Although this is true in some cases, the majority of man boobs are found on men who are healthy and in good shape.
Some of the known causes of large male breasts include:
- High levels of Estrogen
- Lower or excessive Testosterone
- Certain medication (usually for heart, kidney or liver)
- Excessive Soy products
- Poor diet (fatty or greasy foods)
- Lack of exercise
All of the above can factor in the size of your breasts. Some will have a greater effect then others, for example lack of exercise and poor diet. These will definitely cause fatty tissue to grow in your chest, however the fat will be distributed throughout your entire body not just in the breast area.
Medications have also been known to cause abnormal growth in male breasts. This is only true for certain drugs usually ones treating the heart, liver, or kidney. Some of the medications which have be shown to increase breast tissue in men include:
- Spironolatone – Used to treat heart failure, over 10% of patients notice enlarged breasts
- Digoxin and Furosemide – Also used for heart failure
- Steroids – Too much testosterone turns into estrogen causing larger breasts
- Anti Depressants – including Valium and Tricyclic Antidepressants
- Cancer Drugs – Block cell growth, but interfere with DNA cells causing abnormal growths
Many of the drugs which can cause man boobs are life saving medications and the mere thought of enlarged breasts should not alter your decision to improve your overall health.
Gynexin is the leading product used to eliminate man boobs. For more information regarding Gynexin click HERE.